Homesite of JPlayer, popular video and audio player plugin for Joomla!

Main Menu

Poll

Which version of Joomla do you use?

Google AdSense

Visitors Counter

624225
TodayToday48
This WeekThis Week372
This MonthThis Month48
All DaysAll Days624225

JPlayer 1.5.3 & 1.6.1 released

Written by MaxSVK     Monday, 31 January 2011 02:15

Few days ago i released JPlayer 1.6.0 for Joomla! 1.6 and today is here new version. This update contains two new features:

• multilanguage support - JPlayer from today using Joomla's ini language files. This mean only one. JPlayer can be translated into many languages (only backend yet).
  • templating system - updates don't breaking your custom styling. For deails see documentation.

Of course i updated both series of JPlayer, 1.5.x for Joomla 1.5 and 1.6.x for Joomla 1.6.

I update web page too:

• documentation - i updated JPlayer documentation
  • feedback - i created feedback book for your feature requests, bug reports and etc.
  • homepage - new home page with news. You can subscribe RSS/Atom feed and you will alway know news from JPlayer page

I noticed, nobody downloads article button for JPlayer. Nobody wants easily add tags to article?

Thanks for using JPlayer.

Comments

+2 # Dave Richards 2011-09-01 15:13
We were upgraded to 1.7 by our provider (Cloudaccess.net) and our mp4 videos no longer play - they just display the code, i.e.
{mp4}Service_Ma nager_01|800|620|{/mp4}

Thanks,
Dave
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote

0 # MaxSVK 2011-09-17 14:21
Do you tried update JPlayer?
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote

0 # rainy68 2012-01-13 14:48
I got youtube video to work with your plug-in right away. Kudos to you! But I can't get local video to play. The path is not the same between the path in joomla to the path on my website. When I click to play local video, the error message says 'Can't find video at www.mysite.com/images/video/myvideo'. The path for my video folder in Joomla is /myhostingcompan y/mysite/public_html/images/Videos. I've tried to change one of the paths to match the other but I don't know how to do it. Help please? Do I have to create a new folder in your plugin folder for the media/video through ftp? I also couldn't get the company logo to display on the player. I followed your instructions on your pages but it didn't work for me. Thanks.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote

0 # GrouchyGaijin 2012-03-18 12:31
I really like jplayer, but was wondering if there is a way to play .mov (video shot with my iphone) using it? Or is that feature in another pay version of the plugin?
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote

0 # tracer 2012-07-24 12:27
Hello, plugin works fine in main browsers exept IE9. Here flash video shows when set to compatibility mode. Please tell me what to do to load it regular in IE9. I'm using J!2.5.6 and jplayer 1.6.2.
Thanks a lot,
Thomas
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote

+1 # Karina 2012-08-11 10:16
Hi,
I installed Jplayer plugin on a joomla 2.5 website.
It works great, exept the autoplay don't work on IE9.
In firefox no problem.
How do I fix this in IE9?
Thanks
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote

0 # Jenny McWilliam 2013-01-05 12:35
The plugin loaded easily but it won't play my local videos. I created the required directories (media/videos) because Joomla 2.5 doesn't use the old 1.5 images folder structure but it keeps telling me the video does not exist. I am posting here because support does not work.
Many Thanks
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote

0 # Max Morris 2014-02-06 23:42
Can jplayer handle unlimited audio tags in documents?

Us jplayer, Smart Devices responsive?

Thanks.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote

0 # http://webkids.info/ 2014-05-07 10:29
Wow, marvelous blog layout! How long have
you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is great, as well as
the content!
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote

0 # Cell Phone 2014-09-22 06:52
You'll be able to remain linked on the run with your pals, household, coworkers and whosoever you want to link with.
Next, possess a well-inseminated types of converting aside like a
respect for the individual phoning also to yourself as well.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote